We are looking for a candidate with a professional writing experience and (ideally) a background or strong interest in design. Evidence that you can communicate your ideas in written form, even on a personal blog, is essential. You’ll be a fast learner, able to understand new concepts, figure out new features and communicate them to our audience in a clear way. Also you will need to have excellent grasp written English.
Writing a great article, blog post, tutorial or technical guide should be something that comes naturally to you, and you’ll be able to manage multiple projects at the same time. You’ll be proactive, full of ideas and have a sharp eye for detail, especially when it comes to your own work. You’ll also be willing to experiment and work in new formats — from video tutorials to webinars — whether you have prior experience with them or not.
We are strong believers of remote working and all of our culture and teams are set around that idea, if you enjoy to have a great work-life balance and like to work with a team of passionate people that love what they do, we will be happy to have you on board.
On a typical day, you could be:
- Growing and shaping our blog by writing regular posts, helping to introduce customers to new features and updates, and working with external contributors to enhance what we do.
- Bringing a new hub of educational content to life, writing in-depth tutorials and best practice guides on everything from specific Sketch features, to wider design concepts.
- Creating content for new product features and updates, including blog posts, documentation, social posts and tutorials.
- Working closely with our events and community teams, as well as our Customer Service and Customer Success departments to create educational and support content.
- Working with the web team to write and update pages on our marketing website.
- Proof-reading copy from other team members, offering advice on best practice, and advocating for our tone of voice and style guidelines.
- Supporting the design and product teams by advising on in-product copy where necessary.