Pathmonk’s Commitment To GDPR
WHAT IS GDPR?
On May 25, 2018, a new regulation called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force, intended to strengthen and unify data protection for all individuals within the EU. This means, there are new rules to follow when it comes to collecting, tracking, or handling EU-based prospects’ and customers’ personal data.
HOW IS PATHMONK GDPR READY?
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is an important piece of legislation that is designed to strengthen and unify data protection laws for all individuals within the European Union. We took many steps across the entire company to ensure our compliance with the GDPR. We upgraded Pathmonk to a Cookie-less solution and made changes to allow you to tailor how you request consent within Pathmonk. Our commitment: Pathmonk has undertaken the required business and technology steps to operate in a manner compliant with GDPR:
- Appoint a Data Protection Officer
- Rewrite our Data Protection Agreement
- Perform necessary improvements to product
- Implement changes to internal processes and procedures Finalize and communicate full compliance
- Review of all changes through outside attorneys
- The changes address the requirements of the GDPR and mean Pathmonk and our products are GDPR ready.
WHAT DO WE ASK PATHMONK CUSTOMERS TO DO?
In summary, here are some of the key changes that came into effect with GDPR for Pathmonk’s clients. There are two things that future customers might need to do depending on your situation and jurisdiction. Below are the only impactful changes that we can foresee that might affect you as a result of using Pathmonk:
- If you are in the European Union you’ll likely want
to sign a Data Processing Agreement with Pathmonk. Working with counsels in Germany we’ve updated this document to be in compliance with the GDPR and other generally acceptable privacy laws. If you have any questions about its contents simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.